What To Do To Foil The Attempts Of Cyber Criminals?
It’s not easy to track the signs and traps of cybercriminals who can, without your knowledge, slip in your security system, access and monitor your feed, steal your hard earned money, and compromise the sensitive security information of your clients, employees, and customers. Besides, they melt in thin air after extorting resources and usually keep targeting the same company again and again. Hence, you must be prepared to safeguard your company from such thieves. But the question is, how? Even companies with security cameras get stripped off their fortunes. Then why should you put your trust in such a system? Who is to the fault? Is there no way to ensure cybersecurity? Waiting for all these questions to be answered? Just scroll down and keep reading!
Are Security Cameras Worth The Investment?
With the kind of cyber crimes surfacing, people often begin to question the role of a security camera in ensuring cybersecurity – what can a surveillance camera do to fend off hackers, right? Wrong! Security cameras that are secured in the following ways are very much capable of dealing with cyber theft and rogue employees in the following ways.
- The feed of security cameras cannot be exploited if they have a strong backdoor password. When hackers will not be able to enter the system only, there’s no chance that the security will be compromised
- Monetary theft isn’t caused by hackers only. Unethical staff members can also steal sensitive information of a company and sell it to earn a fortune. IP security cameras can be used to keep a tab on what your employees access using the company’s system and can also monitor the moves of all suspicious employees
What Are The Best Ways To Stop Hacking?
The list below features 3 ways in which a company can deal with cybercrime.
- The software that the company uses must be updated timely. When not updated, the software starts developing bugs. And unethical hackers can use bugs to decode all kinds of encrypted information and gain entry in your internal security system. So, keep updating the firmware
- Do not leave the software without the guard of firewall since it can work as a second layer of protection after the backdoor password that hackers have to breach if they want to gain the access of your security feed. Thus, firewall only makes the job of unethical hackers difficult
- Use antivirus tools to scan apps, external devices, as well as emails to foil phishing attempts. Also, run professional scans for network testing and software testing for debugging the entire system